Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP - Grilling Tri-Tip & Pork Tenderloin but Guests can't wait

Options

I need to grill Tri-Tip and Pork Tenderloin but we have the 4th of July parade at 4pm which is about 1-1/2 hours long and the guests can't wait for me to do the grilling right after the parade due to different schedules. X(  So my dilemma is:

• Miss the parade and do the grilling so the food will be ready when the parade is over. SWMBO and parents will not like that.
  • Grill the meat right before the parade and hold it in a cooler but now this opens up a ton of questions and concerns because I don't want to risk getting my guest sick.
  • Grill the meat before the parade, then put it in the fridge and reheat after the parade which will still take a while.

So lets say I grill the meat and hold it in the cooler during the parade. The Tri-tip will be grilled up to internal temp of 120-125 degrees and the Pork tenderloin to 140 degrees. My concerns are the following:

• If I hold the meat in the cooler for 1- 1/2 hours, it is already in the danger zone and from research meat cannot be in the danger zone for more than 2 hours and supposedly for more than 1 hour if the meat is over 90 degrees :(( :((
  • If I hold the meat anyway, I don't want to risk further cooking by FTC. Would letting it rest for 10-15 mins and then FTC avoid this?

What the heck would my fellow eggheads do in this situation??

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

Comments