Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIBS

Options
0oHUNTo0
0oHUNTo0 Posts: 34
Tomorrow I'm going to smoke some ribs. I've read a bit about the 3-2-1 method but at what temp do you smoke these at? Also, does everyone remove the membrane? I've smoked ribs a couple of times and I'm not totally convinced that removing the membrane is mandatory. Anyways, just looking for some input on my smoke tomorrow. Happy 4th!
Large BGE, DigiQ DX2

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    3-2-1 is typically at dome 250F, raised and indirect. Your right, removing the membrane is not mandatory. But if left on, the rack(s) need some minutes at the end up around 450 to burn it away. It does not soften. Also, w. the membrane off, some rub can be worked into the back side meat.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options

If this is the first batch of ribs on the egg, I would recommend the turbo method, as being far easier and taking less than half the time, while still providing excellent quality.  Here is a link to a very recent thread that details the method and the pros: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1167746/ribs#latest

Enjoy the 4th!!

Santa Paula, CA