Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Putting the egg away at night..

Options
2»

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Thanks. Gonna get a CO detector just to be safe.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    jerryb78 said:
    I put mine in the garage but I wait until the thermometer has bottomed out on it.
    Hey Wisconsin...I do the same with mine....it's only a grill....but its a darn nice grill

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• matt121966
    Options
    I roll back into the garage as well when the temp gets below 100 or so. Last night it got drizzled on and I took a good bath towel and dried it off. Wife rolled her eyes and was not happy.
    Toledo, OH

XL BGE (December 2014), 2 burner weber gas
  • Lit
    Options
    So I got a CO detector and put it right inside my garage door when this thread was new. I was worried because I shut down my eggs and roll them in right away. I leave the garage cracked and set up a fan pointing out and have never seen the CO detector go over 0 yet.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Mine stay outside year around uncovered on a porch. 

They aren't in the direct sun or rain. I wouldn't put mine in the garage. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

Our garage is detached and my egg's are in a table...so when im done cooking for the night I let it sit outside for a bit..if I don't have time to let it sit..i pour 20oz of water over the egg..helps put me at ease that nothing will catch on fire.
    You're joking, right? Hope so. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166805/pyrophoric-charring-alternate-title-why-did-my-house-burn-down/p1

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    So, I understand fences are not a universal phenomena.
    I grew up in CA suburbia, where everyone has a fenced in backyard.
    So an Egg sitting outside, year round, is more or less secure from theft if you lock your gates at night.
    I'm curious, how many on this forum have backyards where anyone and everyone can readily walk into your backyard without having to climb over a 6 foot fence so a thief could easily just roll your baby (er' BGE) away in the middle of the night.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Not "easily", but yes, we have no fence.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Lit
    Options
    Our new house doesn't have a fence yet that's why my eggs are in the garage. I roll them in all the time right after cooking and leave a garage door cracked and have a fan pointing out under the door. I also installed a CO detector right inside our garage door after this post and its never registered any CO at all even when I roll the egg in and close the door right away. We don't park inside so the whole garage is empty from side to side so the egg could fall over and break and it would just be lump on a concrete floor.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @Canugghead Thank you for making me not have to find this post. NO...DO NOT DO THIS!!! Odds are low that it will be stolen...it's heavy as hell, full of hot coals, and unless you are an Egger, no one knows what the heck it is anyway. On the other hand, CM is an odorless killer...and one mistake could be one tragic mistake too many. I will never, EVER make that mistake again. And, as time has gone by, my panties are much less in a wad when I leave it out to cool. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    Options
    No fence.  Have kettle, wsm, gasser, and xl sitting outside.  Wasn't worried till this thread.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    No fence.  Have kettle, wsm, gasser, and xl sitting outside.  Wasn't worried till this thread.
    I'm still not worried. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL