Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri tips at Costco in Greensboro NC

Options
This post is just for the local folks in Greensboro NC... A while ago Costco stopped carrying Tri tips, and told me they were discontinuing them all together. Well yesterday I found them back in the meat section..
Greensboro North Carolina
When in doubt Accelerate....

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    Options
    I let my membership lapse - what's the price there?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I let my membership lapse - what's the price there?
    $ 7.99 per pound..
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Now if they would only carry packer briskets
    Greensboro, NC
  • EggSpinner
    EggSpinner Posts: 69
    Options
    They have tri-tips in Winston as well.  Gboro was carrying choice packers for a while but not anymore?  They did not have them the last time I was there (2 weeks ago), just the cryo'd flats...
    Michael 

Winston Salem, NC

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I can't find anywhere that sells packers except for NY butcher shop and he only has occasionally and they are approx $9-10/lb for choice- would love to find a more reliable and reasonable place to purchase
    Greensboro, NC
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

I can't find anywhere that sells packers except for NY butcher shop and he only has occasionally and they are approx $9-10/lb for choice- would love to find a more reliable and reasonable place to purchase

Have you checked smart and final?
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    I have seen them at Walmart on Wendover but not sure about always having them there..Agreed about Costco, I really thought they would always stock..Yes NYBS is expensive..I will let you know if I find a reliable source
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Shuler Meats in Thomasville has a great selection.  Thought I cannot remember the quality and price the last time I was there, but I do know they have wholes though.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    Shuler meats is a great place to buy meat and easy to get to right off the interstate.  Local folks to do business with and fair prices.  Try to support them every chance I get.  They will also cut to order on beef/pork/ and chickens.  Always get my pork shoulders and half chickens for big cooks from them.

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• johnmitchell
    Options
    pasoegg said:
    Shuler meats is a great place to buy meat and easy to get to right off the interstate.  Local folks to do business with and fair prices.  Try to support them every chance I get.  They will also cut to order on beef/pork/ and chickens.  Always get my pork shoulders and half chickens for big cooks from them.
    I will certainly look them up..Thanks for the heads up..