Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL a limited edition?

Options
tulocay
tulocay Posts: 1,737
Just got back from my dealer ( don't call the cops). He said he heard that they were going to limit the production of the XXL to 1,000 units. Anyone else heard this?<><>He also said he expected the mini max the second week of June. Of course it didn't happen.
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments

• lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    Makes sense since there are probably only a limited amount of customers that would actually buy one.  Perhaps later on it will be a special order item.  Hard to say.  Sounds like they are testing the waters to see how sales go.

Living Large and XL

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Wouldn't surprise me. What would surprise me is if they actually sold that many. 

Hmm, wonder what they're going to do about warranty parts if they stop making them.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    tulocay said:

Just got back from my dealer ( don't call the cops). He said he heard that they were going to limit the production of the XXL to 1,000 units. Anyone else heard this?<><>He also said he expected the mini max the second week of June. Of course it didn't happen.

The limited edition is 1 of the first 1000 made.Comes with a letter to verify I was also. I already got mine though. It has a plaque also see the pic. Second pic is it with the mini
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    If I came home with one of those the wife would have me curled up inside with the temp on 250 degrees and just leave me cooking.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Oh that is just part of it. And the sad part is is not all of the eggs are in the pic. There are 2 more med and a large not pictured as they were Makindin din at the time
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    badinfluence, you may want to consider a new nest for your mini. Here's the reason they HAVE a new nest...

lowercasebill's mini

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• badinfluence
    Options
    Lifetime warranty. ..lol. i did see this recently and will get a new nest

Clinton, Iowa
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    The limited edition is 1 of the first 1000 made.Comes with a letter to verify I was also. I already got mine though. It has a plaque also see the pic. Second pic is it with the mini

Who is that Ed Fisher guy?
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Who is that Ed Fisher guy?
    It's Ardy. :)

LOL. Man, we miss ya when you're gone too long.   =))

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• badinfluence
    Options
    Founded bge

Clinton, Iowa
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    LOL, we know. ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Crimsongator
    Options
    It's amazing they've sold 1 egg since Ed has retired

• Crimsongator
    Options
    As a matter of fact, I think I have a picture of Fidel with Ed Fisher's golf cart at the Eggfest one year!