Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shoulder stuffed with bacon & sausage

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @tulocay‌
    I thank you for the kind words my friend. Glad that you enjoyed my cook.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    The end result turned out pretty good. My wife wants me to do another one for some friends. I will be glad to post pics of the cutting, stuffing and tying if anyone is interested in seeing how to debone, lay out and stuff one. I know most here already can do it but if any of the newer guys would like to see the process I will gladly post it. Again thank you all for your kind words. Hope you all enjoyed.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Yep- bring on the photos
    Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    Options
    @Wolfpack‌
    You got it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Im seriously hungry now…AWESOME!
  • SGH
    Options
    @GalanteNate_OneEa‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• MJLivingston
    Options
    @SGH‌ this is awesome I would have never thought about doing this. I really do enjoy your post. If you are ever trying to decide wether or not to post a how too on anything just go ahead do it.
    Lexington TN
  • SGH
    Options
    @MJLivingston‌
    Thank you my friend. You are to kind. I'm glad to hear that someone enjoys my post. And again thank you for the kind and thoughtful words.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH
    That certainly has my approval my friend! I had never considered stuffing a shoulder before, this has convinced me I need to try it.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Give it a try my friend. If you like pork you won't be disappointed. Glad you enjoyed my post and as always I thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
  • SGH
    Options
    @bill37 @GalanteNate_OneEa‌
    I thank y'all for your kind words my friends. Glad that you enjoyed it.

Status- Standing by.

• StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    Sausage,bacon, and pork! What else do you need!!! I really enjoy the nonstandard cooks. Looks great! Enjoy.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • SGH
    Options
    @StillSmoken‌
    Thank you my friend. I try to offer some different and fresh ideas. Glad that some of y'all enjoy them. Again thank you.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I am quite sure that you did notice my tying mistake but thanks for not rubbing it in. I caught it afterwards but was not about to cut it apart due to the fact that I'm old and lazy. If this would have been for someone other than myself I assure you that I would have cut it apart and retied it without question or hesitation . Again thanks for your kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Looks super yummy! Do you think spinach or kale would have held up inside or just turned to yuck?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend. Personally I have never tried it but I do not think that it would have any chance at all of holding up. Granted I was running very low temps but 17+ hours is a long time for a delicate leaf vegetable to try and sustain. I would pass on the attempt and use something else. Again thank you and glad that you enjoyed my post my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    This sounds terrific. Do you serve it sliced or pulled? I wouldn't mind seeing pics of the prep, if you have them.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    @caliking‌
    I served it pulled. It literally fell apart when I cut the jet net and twine.
    I'm doing another one and will post prep and stuff pics. No one was here to shoot pics when I did this one. I haven't done one in years and was not sure how it would turn out so I didn't get many pics at all.

Status- Standing by.

• EAT
    EAT Posts: 39
    Options
    wow, very nice !!
  • SGH
    Options
    @EAT‌
    Thank you my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Most amazing cook, my friend!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    As always I thank you kindly my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Dagumnit! That image will haunt me in my dreams! :)) Absolutely positively sinful looking B-).
    Mr. Deeds (3/8) Movie CLIP - Whacking the Foot (2…: http://youtu.be/DHVyayHXOdY
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks great SGH.  I have stuffed one before, but used onions, and peppers.  Never thought about adding more pork.  I too would like to see the process of deboning and rolling out.  The one I stuffed I bought without the bone.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @SGH-now that is some cook!  Outstanding; well-done!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    WOW! That's awesome. ^:)^ ^:)^

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• bigdaddydivo
    Options

Ok, first of all thats awesome!!!! When you said sausage I was thinking bulk country sausage or something like that, It obviously works great.

Second, you worrying about the tying reminds me of the old motown song, "If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right". If you tied it wrong then the right way isn't perfect either.

Thirdly I would love to see the whole process in pictures of rolling, wrapping, tying. serving!

Fourth and final, I really think you should ponder changing your forum name to Big green Willy Wonka!!!

Very nice cook my friend , as always!!

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ @saluki2007‌ @lousubcap‌ @RAC @bigdaddydivo‌
    Thanks fellows. I'm glad that y'all enjoyed it. I am going to do another since that one turned out well and will have my son or wife take photos while I make the cuts and tie it. I honestly haven't done one of those in over 20 years and wasn't sure how it would turn out. Again thank y'all and I'm glad that y'all enjoyed it.

Status- Standing by.