Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sealed up Large Green Egg

Options
Ok Boys and Girls I have a hugh problem. I have a LBGE which I have been using with the help of this forum with great success for about 18 months. So last week I am reading about doing a "clean burn" on an egg and decided to do one as well. Only problem is now it will not open!! I am talking sealed up tight! HELP!!
Large BGE
Houston, TX

Comments

• llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Use a butter knife or putty knife , gently pry around the dome as you are gently lifting the handle. I had this happen to mine and thats how i opened it

Your gasket is now toast . Ive not had one on mine for several years and had no problems however i did just order a rutland from RRP
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    My egg is still new so I haven't tried one yet... Hold on because these great folks will respond...
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Sometimes a hair off the leg of the dog that bit your egg will help - just build a fire in the bottom vent hole and see if the heat generated will assist in prying it apart, but most likely your gasket is toast. Just be gentle - no hammers even close by!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Jellyworm
    Jellyworm Posts: 96
    Options
    Thanks! I was afraid that was going to be what I needed to do. Any suggestions on replacement gaskets?
    Large BGE
    Houston, TX
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Send @RRP a private message. He will help you with a Rutland replacement. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's