Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - Point Only

Options
I went into a friendly meat market yesterday - they had flats on sale, but no packers.  I asked if they had any packers, and the butcher said they did, and brought one out.  Choice for $7.99/lb - 14 lbs.  I wasn't no math major, but ran the quick calculation and came out with $112,000.99.  I thought that was a little rich for my blood.  And he said, "I can cut it for you."  To which I replied - "Can I get the point only?"  And he said yes.  I'm thinking for 7.99/lb for just the point, that isn't too much more than I can afford.   Has anyone ever done the point only?  If I did that, should I get a small part of the flat to cover the angle.  I haven't been able to find any other reasonably priced brisket (except flats) in this great BBQ wasteland. 
Santa Paula, CA

Comments