Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Green egg brand high temp gasket?

Options
So what are their high temp gaskets made of? I know they used to have the felt but now the person told me this is all they sell. Are they much better than the old felt ones?

Comments

• JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    Not sure on material but mines been on for two years now and still going strong, including a couple of super high temperature spikes when I got caught up doing something else. Normally run up to 700 max and split my cooks between high and low temps cooking most weekends
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'm fairly certain they are Nomex.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    I read they changed the material for 2014. Maybe it was everyone on here buying the after market one that RRP sells. lol
    Dearborn MI
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Well, I just put one on so I hope it works.