Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butternut Squash

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Never done this before but I'm cooking Butternut Squash on the Egg. The first step is to cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Then I placed both halves, cut side down, in about 1/4" of water in my favorite pan. Then I set it on my upside/up plate setter at about 400°. My plan is to take it off when it gets soft enough to peal the outer skin off, cut into cubes and bake in a concoction of butter and cinnamon while I prepare some chicken breasts to go on the Egg. Any ideas or suggestions as to what I'm supposed to do next?[p]Spring "Half Cocked" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    what 'next'?
    yer done after that!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    The Butternut Squash urned out great. It will be added to my list of sides for just about anything that can be enhanced with the delicious flavor of squash, tempered with honey and cinnamon. The lemon chicken breasts on rice completed the meal. The Egg did good.[p]Spring "Impressed With Myself" Chicken

• Spring Chicken,
    For Thanksgiving my sister cooked up some squash with onions and seedless grapes. I was very hesitant about trying it, but she was just behind me in the buffet line. So I had to give them a try, glad I did, I didn't think grapes, onion and squash all cooked together could taste sooo gooood. I will have to try to cooking squash on the egg. Enjoy,

• guavawood
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Eat it. Good stuff! Try with mashed potatos and put a little of both on your fork. MMMM!

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Motoman,
    How about posting the recipe? Anything with squash has to be good.[p]Ken