Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Pulled Pork...

Options
I had some pulled pork leftover from a recent cook.     (I know, what is that? with 65lbs, there were leftovers..)        

I am always trying to come up with creative ways to use leftovers. Check this out:

I started with ground chuck. I used the BGE Stuff-A-Burger Press  and stuffed the burger with pulled pork that I had sauced. (I also threw in some cheddar cheese)   I reverse seared the burger. Added 2 slices of cheese at the ead of the sear and topped it with bacon and BBQ sauce. 

***OMG***

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If that tastes half as good as it looks then you, my friend, have a real winner!!! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    There is a little Red Neck Bar here in Michigan that has something similar on their menu. Its topped with all of those ingredients not stuffed though. They just lay the pulled pork over the top with the other toppings. My buddy bought a smoker just to make those at first before he got addicted to BBQ lol
    Dearborn MI
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Damn that looks good!
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sounds like a good cook for the Eggtoberfest, Pulled Pork burger sliders.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Sounds like a good cook for the Eggtoberfest, Pulled Pork burger sliders.
    It was great, but that would be a TON of prep work for an Eggfest.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    OMG is right! It should be be fine though. Lots of folks survive bypass surgery.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Options
    Nice job. That looks really good
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Went to Summits Wayside Tavern (in Cumming, GA) a week or two ago and built a burger that was topped with pulled pork (among other stuff, of course). First time I had ever tried that on a burger and I was blown away! 

You're creation there looks phenomenal. I thought about topping my next burgers with the pulled pork, but now you've convinced me to stuff them!

Great cook!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Pulled Pork Nachos!  There's a place down here in Hampton, GA that has some pretty good BBQ.  Tried their pulled pork nachos after a long afternoon at the brewery down the street (delicious beers, BTW; Jailhouse Brewery) and it was AMAZING!!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!