Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why De-Bone A Pork Shoulder?

Options
I don't get why Costco de-bones their pork shoulders. I'd just as soon have it in because the shoulder holds its form better and is easier to handle. With it removed I have to tie it. IMHO they could save the minute that it takes to remove it. Why don't they? 

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I don't know why but at least you don't have to pay for bone! not that it's that heavy though. I don't tie them I just rub them and on they go. JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    I'm guessing the majority of customers who buy them prefer them that way. I bet we are in the minority cooking low and slow over smoke. The average home cook probably finds it easier to work with. I buy Costco boneless at times out of convenience when I happen to be there. I never tie them and they get done much faster than bone in. Tying just makes them look prettier but when they are shredded who cares anyway. 
    Dearborn MI