Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco Brisket

Options
I live outside Philadelphia [PA - not Mississippi] and our local Costco never seems to have a packer cut brisket.   They have trimmed-down things - I think they're flats.   I see that in other areas, Costco carries the real thing - sometimes even prime.

Is this a regional thing?  Do you think it's worth complaining to my Costco?

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Probably based on sales volume rather than regional..  Our SoAustin Costco started caring tritip before the No Austin site.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Restaurant Depot usually has a good selection of choice briskets, and there is one in Langhorne and Philly. If you don't have a business ID, you can get a Kansas City BBQ Society membership and that will get you in.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    I can't get packers at the Costco's in Michigan either. Thankfully the Detroit area is loaded with great meat markets and butcher shops.
    Dearborn MI
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about Restaurant Depo.   I'll be hitting it soon

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    How do you get a business ID number?
    Dearborn MI
  • Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    Options
    New Yorker here.  I've asked Costco several times to carry packers, including emailing the head office, but have been unsuccessful.

I'm going to try a mail order Snake River Farms next.
    Mamaroneck
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Costco here is a brisket crap-shoot-packers in Feb-March then a random offering (on the very infrequent side) for the remainder of the year.  And you are correct, flats for the filler.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Out of the blue, my Costco here in the Chicago suburbs started carrying packers. First time I had seen in 10 years of looking. Seems to be a crapshoot which ones carry and which don't.
    Clarendon Hills, IL