Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

600 Degree Rib Test Raised Direct

SGHSGH Posts: 19,428
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
I have really had my hands full the last few days and have had a real hectic day as well. Pressed for time tonight I thought why not try some extreme turbo country style ribs. Here is how I did it.
Fired the egg up to 600 degrees.
Seasoned the ribs with a simple dusting of salt, white pepper and cayenne.
Throwed the ribs on raised direct and flipped every 45 seconds to avoid scorching for a total of 7 minutes flat. Pulled when the internal registered 190 degrees.
I hope the turbo king himself @Mickey approves and enjoys this.
Forgive me for the poor plating @DMW but it's late and I'm tired and starving!
Turned out not to bad at all. Hope y'all like my friends.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,193
    Looks good
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGHSGH Posts: 19,428
    @henapple‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,289
    I'd hit that in a second...

Bravo!!!
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,627
    Now that's fast food!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    @hapster @caliking‌
    Thank you my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,453
    That's the way to take Turbo to a whole new level. Look good.
    @Tjcoley‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,894
    They look like good ribs. If they taste like good ribs, then they are a duck. No man just kidding. I'm all in on those if they taste good. You may have discovered something. What a way to do ribs at a Fest.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• DMWDMW Posts: 8,517
    Wow, talk about hot n fast. Way to adapt to a timeline.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,954
    Meat is Meat and a man must eat...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,894
    edited June 2014
    Nuclear Ribs (I'm awake now)
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Sweet!! I bet that would work even better if you through them in a simple marinade the night before..

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• NDGNDG Posts: 1,356
    7 MINUTE RIBS . . . can anyone improve on that? 

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Columbus, Ohio
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 5,171
    They look awesome.  How did they turn out? 
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    @tarheelmatt‌
    They actually turned out very good. Not quite as good as cooking them indirect low and slow but very good nonetheless. If pressed for time I would definitely do it again. I have done them raised direct at 400 many times with outstanding results. The fat didn't render quite enough at the short cooking time . But again brother they were very good and I would do it again if pressed for time.

Status- Standing by.

@NDG‌
    That's pretty funny my friend. Now you have me wanting to go for 6 minute ribs!!

Status- Standing by.

@bigdaddydivo‌
    I did these spur of the moment. I usually do give them a little soak and cook them at 400 raised direct instead of 600. Just wanted to see how it would work. Again they were not bad at all my friend.

Status- Standing by.

@Mickey‌
    I'm glad you approve my friend.

Status- Standing by.

@DMW Thank you brother.
    @johnmitchell‌ I totally agree my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,570
    edited June 2014
    Not much beverage time there SGH....guess you can chug a beer or two in 7 min.
    Ribs look quite tastey:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    @CANMAN1976‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• tksmoketksmoke Posts: 759
    Wow!!  That's great!!  You get the Thinking Outside the Box award for today!!  And to think I was chastised for doing my Turbo ribs at 375 rather than 350...
    Santa Paula, CA
    @tksmoke‌
    I accept your award for thinking outside of the box with pride and joy my friend. But to be honest here it wasn't thinking that made me try it but hunger and impatience!! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,875
    Nice work!  Big Green Microwave :D.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

@SmokeyPitt‌
    That's a good one too brother! Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.