Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Onion, Pepper, Steak

Options
My camera is not so good for low light pics, but the flash washes out the fire.  Some of these are a little blurry.

Top round, onions, peppers, carrots, broccoli, and garlic.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Outstanding! Your cooks are always spot on!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Dang......drooling on my keyboard again!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    jhl192 said:
    Outstanding! Your cooks are always spot on!
    I wish that were so.
    8-|

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Looking good Doc!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Looks like a fun & tasty cook, Doc!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    Good looking cook. What do you feel is better about stir fry on the egg that you can't do on the stove top?
    Dearborn MI
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    KenfromMI said:
    Good looking cook. What do you feel is better about stir fry on the egg that you can't do on the stove top?
    The higher heat produced different results.

• KenfromMI
    Options
    Ok, thats what I figured. I use my extremely high BTU burner on my new stove that my old stove didn't have. What do you use to lift an dove the Wok at those temps in between ingredient changes?
    Dearborn MI
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Nice!  I had not thought of wok-style cooking on the BGE.  That looks like a really fun cook.

Gave me a party idea also.  You could do a little Mongolian BBQ thing where you set up a buffet of raw ingredients (various meats, veggies, spices and sauces) that folks can mix up and you grill everyone their own custom meal.

Can you post a link to the rig you have their that raises up the pan and holds it securely in place?  I saw something come up like that on Amazon this week but now I can't find it.  Also the one I saw said it was for the Primo and I wasn't sure if it was BGE compatible.

Thanks!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    that looks like the spider from the Ceramic Grill Store - linked here

I have one, and they're quite useful.  One nice feature is that it works two ways - the regular way gets you right down near the coals, but if you flip it over, you can have a nice raised set up as well.
    NOLA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wok n Wol!!!! \m/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    Awesome! I am going to order a spider right now.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    KenfromMI said:
    Ok, thats what I figured. I use my extremely high BTU burner on my new stove that my old stove didn't have. What do you use to lift an dove the Wok at those temps in between ingredient changes?
    Don't get the question.  All ingredients are prepared and standing by.  The cook goes start to finish on started.  I move the wok wearing some kevlar insulated gloves and used two welding gloves like pot holders.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Nice!  I had not thought of wok-style cooking on the BGE.  That looks like a really fun cook.

Gave me a party idea also.  You could do a little Mongolian BBQ thing where you set up a buffet of raw ingredients (various meats, veggies, spices and sauces) that folks can mix up and you grill everyone their own custom meal.

Can you post a link to the rig you have their that raises up the pan and holds it securely in place?  I saw something come up like that on Amazon this week but now I can't find it.  Also the one I saw said it was for the Primo and I wasn't sure if it was BGE compatible.

Thanks!
    WOO from Ceramic Grill Store.  Holds the wok, and raises the grid.

• otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Looks great, I have got to try the wok...
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • KenfromMI
    Options
    Actually you did get the question. You answered it with welding gloves etc, Thanks.
    Dearborn MI
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    KenfromMI said:
    Actually you did get the question. You answered it with welding gloves etc, Thanks.
    Worst burn I ever got cooking was using a wok.

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    Looks Great!
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE