Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Take a Shower Ribs

Options
With my mustache I am generally not allowed to do ribs at a restaurant.  Had to slip into the shower after these.

Man were they good.  Marinated in Dichickos Garlic for I-don't-know-how-long, because I pulled them from the freezer and can't remember when they went in.

Done indirect at 250 with apple wood  for about four hours until they passed the wiggle test, then foiled for a short time while I finished the corn.  Absolutely fall off the bone.

After one slab my brain kept saying "more, more" while my stomach said "enough, enough."

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    And so who won, stomach or brain?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    DMW said:
    And so who won, stomach or brain?
    Stomach.  Nothing ruins a good meal like feeling sick afterwards.  Took me a long time to figure that out.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited June 2014
    Options
    From the looks of the pics my stomach would have won as well. Looks like another great cook Doc!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Damn, I couldn't eat that many & I weigh damn neer 300#..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Looks like a winner.  QUESTION; Didi you rotate the slabs during the cook from top to bottom for even cooking? 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice!  6 ribs is just a half rack as far as I'm concerned ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks like a home run! Did you use any rub on them, or just marinated then sauced?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    500 said:
    Looks like a winner.  QUESTION; Didi you rotate the slabs during the cook from top to bottom for even cooking? 

If that becomes a factor in a multiple tier cook, I usually just cook the lower grid a bit longer.  Didn't effect these.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    caliking said:
    Looks like a home run! Did you use any rub on them, or just marinated then sauced?

Just the marinade.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    I mustache you a question: Did you make enough for me? :P
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Your post reminds me of this cartoon.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What? No mustache pics?
    Flint, Michigan