Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon en croute with garlicky mushrooms

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,733

Cooked this about a week ago, but just now getting to post it.

I found the recipe somewhat randomly on YouTube, but it looked good. Plus I had a lot of salmon in the fridge.

http://stevescooking.blogspot.com/2012/09/salmon-en-croute-by-steven-dolby.html

Started by sautéing some spinach, onions, and garlic in EVOO with salt, pepper, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Once it cooled, I laid out a puff pastry sheet and assembled the thing with provolone, the spinach mix, and a skinless salmon filet. Dusted the salmon with some DP Raging River.image

Folded it up into a bundle. Fired up the egg and popped it in.image

Mushrooms were cooked indoors. Recipe was from the same place as the salmon.

Fish was done after 25mins or so - 375°F or so, raised, indirect.

Let it rest, then cut into it. It looked pretty good!image

Plated shot.image

It made for a nice dinner. The salmon turned out moist and flaky. I screwed up the mushrooms a bit by adding some Fage to make it creamy, but the yogurt split/curdled, so Ill skip it next time. Also, I think I will make individual packets, since a big one was difficult to slice and still have it look pretty.

It was quite simple, so I will likely try it again sometime. Have a great weekend!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments