Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mold problem

Options
Chris
Chris Posts: 148
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any advice for mold growing in my egg? I have XL...the mold is covering the inside lid, grill itself, charcole etc. (Other eggheads I know have no idea and have NEVER seen this..)[p]I have to apply cole and clean EVERYTIME I start to use...[p]Help!![p]Thanks.

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    chris,[p]Weird. Where do you live? Is it really moist and damp there?[p]I've heard of mold in the Egg before, but not as an every time occurrence. The usual cure is to just build a raging fire and let it burn for like an hour to kill every living creature near the Egg. If you're getting it every time, though, not sure what's going on. Are you only using it once every few months?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    chris,
    The best cure for mold is to cook more often. Going long stretches between cooks will increase your mold occurances.[p]Dennis

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    chris,
    what is 'everytime'?[p]how often do you cook?[p]it's not an uncommomn problem, but most of the folks who experience it don't cook too often.[p]also, the cover might not be helping.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • CampCook
    CampCook Posts: 157
    Options
    chris,
    Fire it up and get it hot -- like real hot.
    Dave