Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New cypress egg table and first cook (king crab leg stuffed, smoked snook)

HelmetHelmet Posts: 162
After a few months of work my dad finished building the cypress table for my egg, I couldn't be happier with how it came out. He even made me a matching cypress handle for the egg image My first cook on the table was king crab leg stuffed snook. Dried out the crab some and mixed with just enough mayo to hold it together. I cut the fillet out into a nice evenly sized triangle, added the stuffing to one half, light coating of old bay and pineapple head with a few tabs of butter, wrapped it up and cooked it @350 with the placesetter and some apple chunks. I was very happy with how it came out. image image image image image
Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
"I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    Holy sh$t...both look awesome. Bookmarked
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,249
    creative, and nice table

• Very nice table, very nice crab stuffed snook. My kind of cook, just looks delicious. 
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,682
    Awesome table and cook!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• KtimKtim Posts: 364
    Kingsize beautiful,both table and cook! Now the question is where is the opener to open the Budweiser.  :-c
    sumpter township Mi.
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    That is some fancy footwork beneath that egg. Very creative and lots of air underneath
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• HelmetHelmet Posts: 162
    Thanks for all the positive comments. Yeah @grege345‌ I did a lot of debating on the best way to raise it up and the Terra-Cotta pot holders seemed to be the best answer. It left the wood visible but has enough gap (I'm hoping) ;) image
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • lecramslecrams Posts: 109
    Nice table!
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,536
    Beautiful Table, and fancy footwork underneath.  I would still worry about not having a stone down there covering the wood.  I have seen several photos where the wood has caught fire..
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • BotchBotch Posts: 4,242
    Nice work, nice cook!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • Sea2SkiSea2Ski Posts: 1,259
    OMG that look fantastic!
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA
    or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!