Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Of Whales and Ribs (Turbo)

Options

I was going into withdrawal - no flying all weekend, so I launched in the cub for a quick flight.  It was a cub kinda day - window open, flying out along the coast - perfect.  Surprisingly, a small pod of gray whales surfaced - they are late!!!  Normally the gray whale migration is over by the end of April.  I can never get enough whale watching.  Sorry about the picture - holding the cell phone out the window at 75 MPH - scary.

But then it was home to do Turbo ribs - had to be done at 6:00 (I hate deadlines).  But everything went perfectly.  Stabilized the egg at 350, with cherry and peach wood for smoke.  Seasoned with a healthy dose of Habanero Death Dust, along with some Dizzy Dust and Swamp Venom.  Sauced (50/50 Blues Hog, Thick Hot Bone Sucking) at 1:40, and pulled at 2:05 - which just happened to be at 5:58.  How is that possible?  Rave reviews from the jury: "best ever", "incredible".  We all stuffed ourselves - it was good. 

imageimageimage
Santa Paula, CA

Comments