Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spider in Canada

Options
Eggdam
Eggdam Posts: 223
Was looking to order a spider for my LBGE but ceramic grill store wants $43 to ship a $25 spider.  Does anyone know if these are available in Canada?

Comments

• ReldtiCDN
    ReldtiCDN Posts: 142
    Options
    I can't believe the shipping cost either.
    Wanted an AR last year but choked on the shipping.
    Wish they could get a Canadian vendor like dickson's or OGBbq I'm sure the market is here.
    Brampton, Ontario

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Even with a Toronto based distributor, I doubt the prices would drop. Canadian pricing, fact of life. Eggs are anywhere from 25% to 45% more in Canada than in the USA, I'd expect accessories to carry the same if not higher mark up. 

CGW or CGS simply pass on the shipping costs they incur, it is not their fault. Unless you live close enough to the border to use a US ship to address, you are stuck with the high shipping costs. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I appreciate the response Skiddymarker.  

We make a judgement call on shipping abroad with regard to offering it or not and if so, what service to use and how to price that service.  With Canada, we offer shipping by weight groups.  It's the easiest method with our shopping cart provider.  Our lowest shipping bracket goes from 0 to 5 pounds.  Priority mail at 5 lbs and $75 of insurance is $42.25.  The spider falls in this group.  For us to ship international, including Canada, it requires extra work and, more often that not, a special trip to the post office.   Ever wait in one of their lines?  

I get the Canadian frustration with shopping in the USA.  And, I get why many small to medium size US companies refrain from shipping northward.   Best we can do is pass along the cost.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    @eggdam where in canada are you ?
    Toronto
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Even with a Toronto based distributor, I doubt the prices would drop. Canadian pricing, fact of life. Eggs are anywhere from 25% to 45% more in Canada than in the USA, I'd expect accessories to carry the same if not higher mark up. 

Skiddy is correct about egg prices. I saved $700 with myegg and eggcessories. I just traveled 1.5 hours to get it and got the sales tax returned to boot.
    I too was looking at an AR last year, but decided not to due to the shipping.

I find it tough as well to pay 3 times the flight costs to go on a cruise. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I now save up items to purchase and get them shipped to a parcel service at the border and I just order from all different places at eh same time and pick them all up at once.

• Eggdam
    Options
    I fully understand passing shipping costs on the end user. I just thought there was a remote chance that a Canadian distributor might exist. @pantsypants‌ I am located in the Kitchener Ontario area.
    @hondabbq‌ I may have to look into a parcel service as I have run into this issue a fair bit.
  • pantsypants
    Options
    @eggdam
    I am in Toronto . I have an address in Detroit and though work I run trucks from there to Here .
    I am sure I will be putting in an order with CGS sometime soon as I am picking up my second egg from the Toronto Eggfest in a couple weeks. i will use the egg for a while and figure out what i want for it.
    I have a large with the spider and AR that  use all the time , So i will probably want to get that set up in the new egg , If i do you are welcome to piggyback on my order and buy stuff for regular price

Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    @eggdam
    I am in Toronto . I have an address in Detroit and though work I run trucks from there to Here .
    I am sure I will be putting in an order with CGS sometime soon as I am picking up my second egg from the Toronto Eggfest in a couple weeks. i will use the egg for a while and figure out what i want for it.
    I have a large with the spider and AR that  use all the time , So i will probably want to get that set up in the new egg , If i do you are welcome to piggyback on my order and buy stuff for regular price

Does that apply to everyone. If so, I would like the following: 26 adjustable rig combos large

4 large eggs

2 XL eggs

1 XXL egg

I'll settle up with up with you after I sell the AR's ok?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    Options
    did you want any prime with that ? ?
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Well, now that you mention it, I am down a 21 lb brisket :((

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    Options
    feed it to Richard Parker ?

One man gathers what another man spills !!
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bagged about 8 poubds and the kids took it. What an idiot I am.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    Options
    dont worry i know where to get them semi cheap

Toronto
  • Eggdam
    Options
    Thanks for the offer @pantsypants‌ . My folk are going down for a couple months and will bring it back.
  • Grill66
    Grill66 Posts: 15
    Options
    Kitchener Eggers unite :)  I need to get my hands on some ceramic grill store parts too, I just need to find my way over to Buffalo.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I'm in puslinch, just outside of Cambridge. Did you guys in Kitchener smell my ribs cooking yesterday?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario