Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hope cowboy lump is decent, scored a deal

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
Home Depot here in Seattle has a pallet marked $1 per 8 lb bag. It was close to.closing I grabbed 13 bags
Guy told me they either sell or get tossed, relationship in regards to selling it was over.

After filling the truck I went back to seen what was left as I had room. It was closing and thelast 3 bags rang up @.01 per.

16 bags with 5 royal oak from the last HD sale. Garage is a bit crowded but I'm good for the year at the least.

Seattle, WA

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You win. Hands down the best score i have heard of. Cowboy used to be iffy, but I've heard that they that they improved significantly. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I don't love it, but at those prices...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Cowboy, mostly due to sparking, but at that price you got one of the best deals I've seen. I probably would have done the same.
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Umm...for $1/bag I don't care if it's not perfect, I would have bought them out. Nice score, if I get by a HD I'll have to see if they have the same deal.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Hard to use without having an acrid taste. Gotta look at it this way, it was probably on sale that cheap for a reason. They couldn't sale it. Especially since it's BBQ season. I used it once when I first started egging and it was horrible. Granted I didn't give enough time to burn off the VOC's either, so maybe it was my error. I've only used RO and BGE other than that one bag of cowboy. Not an expert in lump. Maybe a bad bag idk. For me that saying of doing things over and over and expecting different results was enough for me to stay away from that stuff.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Every once in a while people will find strange objects in their lump. Just keep an eye out. Awesome score
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos