Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wok'd Breakfast complete with grits, bagel, scrambled eggs and sausage

I cooked breakfast on the Mini Egg, in the Mini Wok, in the Chicken Coop this morning. And it included stone-ground grits, buttered bagel, scrambled eggs and link sausage. Before you ask why, watch the video.

Spring "A Little Breakfast Fun Is A Good Thing" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,642
    Great video, surprised it was not good!  I was waiting for the punch line that it was excellent!  
    What could go wrong?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,734
    Well Cookinbob, we all know that practice improves performance.  I was playing instead of practicing, and I learned pretty quick that "Extremely Hot Wok" does not work so well with grits, or for that matter, eggs, bagels and even the sausages.  Next time, cooler wok and more seasoning.  The grits though, are not going to be included. 
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Well, it looked pretty good! I just made some of the same Nora Mills grits this AM (but not in a wok) and we really liked it.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,633
    Maybe grits patties?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,858
    Mickey said:

Maybe grits patties?

I like this. Pre-cook grits and blend in an egg with seasoning. Mickey's an idea guy!