Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok'd Breakfast complete with grits, bagel, scrambled eggs and sausage

Options

I cooked breakfast on the Mini Egg, in the Mini Wok, in the Chicken Coop this morning. And it included stone-ground grits, buttered bagel, scrambled eggs and link sausage. Before you ask why, watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7o5KtAikIk

Spring "A Little Breakfast Fun Is A Good Thing" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Great video, surprised it was not good!  I was waiting for the punch line that it was excellent!  
    What could go wrong?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Well Cookinbob, we all know that practice improves performance.  I was playing instead of practicing, and I learned pretty quick that "Extremely Hot Wok" does not work so well with grits, or for that matter, eggs, bagels and even the sausages.  Next time, cooler wok and more seasoning.  The grits though, are not going to be included. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Well, it looked pretty good! I just made some of the same Nora Mills grits this AM (but not in a wok) and we really liked it.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Maybe grits patties?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey said:

Maybe grits patties?

I like this. Pre-cook grits and blend in an egg with seasoning. Mickey's an idea guy!