Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sauce for ribs

Options
Anyone have any recommendations on sauces for ribs that's good and can order online? I don't have/know of many stores in my area that carry a variety of sauces. Just want to try something new. Thanks!
Durham, NC

Comments

• KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    My favorite non homemade sauce is hands down Fat Bastard Hawg Wash. Shipping is usually expensive so my Father in Law brings me up a bunch when he visits from down south. 
    Dearborn MI
  • eggLaTech
    eggLaTech Posts: 28
    Options
    My basic rib sauce at the end is 1Tblsp of soy sauce to 1 cup of brown sugar. Then add water to the thickness you desire. The salt in the soy and sugar seem to compliment each other. Really like it and usually your rubs have salt in them.
    Baton Rouge, La - I'm going to quit procrastinating.......starting tomorrow.
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    Options
    We like the Mesquite BBQ sauce, Pit Smoked and the Rib Sauce from Dinni's Select.  We have ordered quite a few of their items online and have not been disappointed yet.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • Willieb9000
    Willieb9000 Posts: 48
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Go to Firecraft.com and order some Blues Hog. Cooked some ribs with it yesterday for the first time. It was spectacular. Also +1 on the Southern Soul. Good food and sauces there. Can't wait to get back down there in July.
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    jmarbs21 said:

Anyone have any recommendations on sauces for ribs that's good and can order online? I don't have/know of many stores in my area that carry a variety of sauces. Just want to try something new. Thanks!

What are some of the options around where you live(i.e. what have you already tried). Might help get a better answer for you if we know a little more info.

Little Rock, AR

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    Bone suckin sauce
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    I live in NC and have some great sauces available, also have tried Arthur Bryant's that a coworker brought back for me from visiting with family in Kansas. I just want something different when I have friends over that they can't get around here
    Durham, NC
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Montgomery BBQ sauce from somewhere in Ohio is my favorite.  I'm not a big sauce guy, but this one resonates with me.
    We have one in south arkansas called sassy jones. Kinda thin but really good stuff. Also one from hot springs ark called mcclards. Its good too. Little spicy. I think you can order either on the net.

Little Rock, AR

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options

Blues Hog Original 50/50 mix with Sonny's Sweet is my go to. Not over sweet as you would think.

Blues Hog Original 50/50 mix with Blues Hog TN. Red.

Uncle Kenny's Original Sauce

Uncle Kenny's Honey Mustard Sauce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    The Montgomery Inn is a famous rib joint on the Ohio River. Stood in line for about 4 hours one time there. I was so hungry I was about to chew my arm off and I really don't remember the sauce there. I do remember I wasn't impressed by the ribs though.  I guess I must be in the minority in every BBQ chat room. I tried Blues Hog once after hearing so many good things about it and it was one of the worst BBQ sauces I had in my life. Way too sweet and I like sweet BBQ sauce. It was awful unless I happened to get a bad batch. I had to doctor it up just to keep from throwing it away.
    Dearborn MI