Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork for 40 HS Seniors - how much?

Options
tulocay
tulocay Posts: 1,737
There will be normal sides at the party. How much pre-cooked BB weight should I plan on? 30 lbs enough?
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    30 is plenty I believe.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    Oh yea. Depends boys or girls.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    More than enough if you're serving with buns and sides.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I am a retired High School Principal: You would think 30 is plenty however,   factors to consider are: how many of the 40 are boys how many of the boys are athletes, Football, Basketball, etc. Doesn't matter which sport, they all eat like ravenous dogs. I once bought 20 pizzas to feed 18 basketball players, they finished them off in about 15 minutes and sent someone to Mickey D's  for more food. If you have nice thick buns that will help. Make sure one of the sides is BBQ beans, they are filling. 
  • W1NN3RS
    W1NN3RS Posts: 6
    Options
    2 pork shoulders should be fine - get the 2 biggest ones you can (at least 10 lbs).  sides count.   Agree depends on athletes
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    I'm guessing here, but it is my wife's nieces party. I would say 60/40 girls to boys.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Overestimate, better to have leftovers than not enough.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker