Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fruit Tree Wood

Options
fr8dog
fr8dog Posts: 15
I had to cut a bunch of dead wood off my trees.  Got some plum, peach, and pear.  My best apple tree died due to this damned drought.  Can I use the chunks for smoking without peeling the bark?

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    No, send it all to me for proper disposal. :)) yes, you can peel the bark, but you don't have to.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    I agree with DMW. You don't have to, but I do because the bark can sometimes pick up some weird flavors. Just make sure it's properly seasoned and your good. 

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Bark is fine. I think it was stike who smokes with JUST bark. I know I would.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut