Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie Egging tips..Contributions welcome

Options
jhl192
jhl192 Posts: 1,006
It seems like there have been a lot of newbies joining since the holidays.  I thought it may be appropriate for anyone that has a tip to pass it on.  I'm no expert but I have ruined a meal or two since I started Egging a couple of years ago.  I'll get it started:  
TIP:
Always adjust your DFMT aka. Daisy Wheel so that when you open the lid, gravity/physics will not open or close it.  Early on I ruined/accelerated a couple of low and slow cooks by taking a quick look and not checking the daisy wheel.   I came back a hour or two later and the temperature had increased a great deal.

Both pictures show my setting for 350 degrees.  Figure one will open up when I lift the lid.  In the second picture, gravity and physics will keep it in place when the lid is lifted. I Hope this helps and is not too obvious.     

XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 

Comments