Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Turkey! Brined,smoked,GONE! Thanks Forum!

Options
IndianaJames
IndianaJames Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't post a lot, but feel I know many of you thru reading your posts. Had to do 3 turkeys this year, so deepfried two as it is so easy and time efficient. Found an old post from Appledog, used the brine recipe and smoked it in Pecan!! What a hit...everyone preferred the smoked...will try Mad Max' recipe next time at Christmas now I have the confidence. Thanks to all of you...Mollyshark, Chubby, Whiz, Lawn Ranger, and others, for helping me make it thru my first year with the eggs, they have definitely made a great year for our house!

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    We're having our Thanksgiving dinner today and I've got the bird on right now. Fact is, I used JAppledog's brine AND am using Max's technique ... mainly for the gravy, is my interpretation!

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. Smells great!
  • vettes2
    Options
    I do not post much either. I looked in to see how things were going yesterday. Seemed like it was a "Fast" cooking day, so I slowed my egg down to a 25 degree cooler temp than normal, and it came in a half hour early. Everything was perfect. Just had some leftovers. Thanks everyone!
  • David
    David Posts: 97
    Options
    IndianaJames,
    what was the recipe? can you copy it from the old post from appledog?

• IndianaJames
    Options
    David, Go to the Archives in the Forum, type in "turkey brine" and do the google search. Look for John Ash's turkey brine, posted by Cat Nov 17, 2000 let me know if you can't find it...I'll send it to you via email.