Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much is a used large plate setter worth?

Options
 Just about to put mine on Craigslist, was wanting to know what to ask. I don't even remember what it cost new.
middle of nowhere- G.I. NE

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My second one I bought last summer was $65 plus tax. Question you need to be ready to answer is the condition and why are you selling it? A picture of both sides would help sell it plus how do you plan to ship it? If BGE itself can't get FedX to ship them anymore then how are you going to assure it will ship without breakage?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I think I paid around $72 new back in January.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    RRP said:
    My second one I bought last summer was $65 plus tax. Question you need to be ready to answer is the condition and why are you selling it? A picture of both sides would help sell it plus how do you plan to ship it? If BGE itself can't get FedX to ship them anymore then how are you going to assure it will ship without breakage?
    I don't want to ship it, I'm hoping somebody local will want it. Its in great condition, I just ordered the adjustable rig earlier so I wont need it now.
  • tjosborne
    Options
    Well I put it on for $50 hoping to get at least $40.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just an opinion, I'd keep it for $40. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just an opinion, I'd keep it for $40. 
    Me too!!! For some reason the reputation of the PS has gotten knocked around here for sake of more expensive, harder to store alternatives. It is hard to beat the heat distribution of a PS. If it is an ugly child to some here then do what I do - wrap it with HD foil and then it stays nice as it is easy to re-wrap with new foil. Honestly I have seen some PS with so much crud on them that I politely turn down foods egged with them inside! I'm not a clean freak, but built up crud stinks when it gets hot.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    With the XL I think you can use the AR with the PS. Not sure if that would work in the large or not.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I think I sold mine for $60. Prices are a bit higher around here for new. I think $90 ish.
    Dunedin, FL
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options

Maybe $25-$30

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    DMW said:
    With the XL I think you can use the AR with the PS. Not sure if that would work in the large or not.

You can't with the large but if you cut the legs off it is a great indirect piece. You can line one of the leg extensions  with the back of the egg for a little more protection.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I kept mine when I got my AR. I don't use it all the time, but I still use it occasionally. Always use it for pizzas.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    For used, therefore without warranty, I'm in the 50% of retail for an egg, 25% of retail for accessories. Ceramic scan look good today, break tomorrow. Large is worth $20 to $30. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 324
    Options
    I'm thinking three dollar fiddy and you got a sale.
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I have the AR and the place setter and still use mine a lot as well. It's my go to for pizzas and baking.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• tjosborne
    Options

I'll more than likely keep it because I don't think I can find a buyer. Everybody around here has Trager  or Green Mountain. Plus I guess it will still hold my 8 qt. dutch oven.