Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Boneless Ribs

Options
MGBBob80
MGBBob80 Posts: 20
A lazy Sunday and decided early on to spend the late afternoon preparing some country style ribs.  Rubbed them down on Saturday and let them refrigerate for 24 hours or so.  Brought 'em up to room temperature an hour or so before placing them on the grill.  Used BGE natural lump with a couple of chunks of dry hickory.  Stabilized the large BGE at 350 or so and cooked the ribs indirect until they reached 150. Pulled the ribs, raised temp to 600 and seared them direct for about 1 minute per side to bring out that nice color.  Pulled them, slathered them with Sweet Baby Rays original (still my favorite sauce) and we've got ourselves a little bit of heaven.  My heartfelt thanks to all the great people on this site that provide us newbies with the knowledge to do what we do so well. 

Have a great week and, whatever you do, don't work so hard that you don't have time for what's truly important.
Cheers,
Bob
I reserve the right to be better tomorrow than I am today!

Comments

• KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    Monster, have you just tried them at indirect 225 for a long cook? I've found the way to make them tender is low and slow and leave yourself about 4 hours or more.   
    Dearborn MI
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    They look good Bob!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I do them indirect @ 225 until they hit 190-195 and they come out tender every time.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    I've marinated them, cooked direct like that and then threw them in foil (pouch style) on the grill away from the flame while it shut down.. i think i left them that way 10 minutes and then let them rest another 10 minutes ..for a 30 minute cook .. they were very satisfying.