Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what time to i have to get up in the morning?

Options
eggdog
eggdog Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
doing a 20 pounder on a large. first time. plan to use place settor legs up, turkey in roasting pan on grill. 325 temp. any guesses on time to done? i read in non egg site, oven time should be about 4 hours plus. i'm guessing six on da egg. any wild ass guesses or actual experience on time? best, john

Comments

• Hasenpheffer
    Options
    I believe Mad Max says about 20 minutes per pound.
  • Essex County
    Options
    eggdog,
    I'm doing pretty much the same thing. I'm betting on 6 hours at 325-350. So, the turkey goes on at about 8:30 for a 3:00 serving time (including a 30 minute rest). But I recall last year's bird cooked faster than I expected. Be ready to wrap the bird in foil and hold in a warm oven if it hits the right temps (160 breast/180 thigh) early.[p]Don't do stuffing inside the bird! It slows everything down![p]Good luck![p]Paul

• Carolina Wizard
    Options
    Essex County,
    I think you've nailed it here for eggdog, seems like something always goes wrong to delay the process. I would rather hold my finish bird in a warm oven for 2 hours than risk not being ready. Good luck y'all!
    Wiz