Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Who is going to Texas Eggfest this weekend?

We have a vendor booth where I'll be giving away food all day and I'm teaching 2 cobblers at 2:00. Today my class was moved to teach right after Aaron Franklin. Talk about a tough act to follow. Although he did tweet me tonight to teach him how to use an Egg. Lol.

Oh and I made a 4 dozen bad ass BGE shirts to sell at the event only. I'm looking forward to meeting some new BGE buddies. Stop by and say hello if you make it out!

Matt

XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

·

Comments

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Really wish I was making another trip out to Texas. Sounds like it's going to be a great time! Post some video snippets of your class for us "at home attendees."

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,306
    Is it Saturday?
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Have you thought about trying to sell your t-shirts here on the forum?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Have you thought about trying to sell your t-shirts here on the forum?
    Now that's funny.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253

1:00 - Aaron Franklin (Franklin’s BBQ and two many other credits to list!) - Beef & Sides

Typing two more credits would probably have taken up less space than the discalimer...

:)>-

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 425
    We'll be there cooking as well.  We'll make sure to come by to see y'all.  Looking forward to it!
    Kelley 
    Egging with NoJokeSmoke (Bruce) in SW Austin, Texas
    BGEs: XL, Medium and Mini
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,303
    We will be there. Not cooking this year. Just a little drinking and visiting.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

Prosper TX

·
  • Wife, baby, and I will be there!!! Been an owner of a mini for about 2 years (we lived in an apartment) and a large since October. Hoping to expand my horizons and convince my wife to let me cook more often :)
    Proud owner of a Mini (May 2012) and a Large (October 2013) in Tomball, TX
    ·
    We'll be there cooking as well.  We'll make sure to come by to see y'all.  Looking forward to it!

howdy neighbor. I might just show up. Enjoyed visiting with you guys in Athens.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493

Us Chickens will be there.  Should be a great time. I always love the music Bob provides. The steel drums are my favorite. Nothing like boogying and cooking :-)

·
  • I've been tinkering with my pecan cobbler. I will be 10 lbs heavier Saturday after how much of it I consumed tonight. 

-Fatty

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,331
    We will be there. Buttermilk pies may make an appearance.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • My class is at 2:00, not 10:00 as the sin says. Come learn an epic cobbler!
    image.jpg 1.4M

·
  • Great job everyone - wife, baby, and I had a great time at our first Eggfest. Now I'm relaxing with the little one at the hotel while she gets some retail therapy at the outlet mall in San Marcos.
    Proud owner of a Mini (May 2012) and a Large (October 2013) in Tomball, TX
    ·
  • That was some awesome pecan cobbler. All I will add is vanilla ice cream.

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 975
    I really liked the bacon wrapped tots, picked up some honey hog hot bbq rub!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • And thanks for the bloody marys, that was a nice touch.

I'll admit it, I went through the line multiple times! :D

·

For those who stood in the free beer line while Matt was telling his tale of TV stardom, you missed a great story. And the pecan cobbler was good also. Big thanks for the Breakfast Mary's.

Nice to meet you.

Prosper TX

·

I got my free beer while Aaron was cooking the tomahawks on the BGE.

It was the shortest line of the whole day. 

Thanks Aaron for the short wait.

Prosper TX

·
    @meatchurch Forgot to put you in the message

Prosper TX

·
  • EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 425
    Sure enjoyed your class and your cobbler, @meatchurch!  It was a great way to sit down and unwind after a day of intensive cooking.  You had great information and entertaining stories!  Also, thanks for the bloody mary samples in the morning.  Deeeeelish!  By the time I had time to go buy some of your rub, y'all were all packed up.  I will have to catch you next time.  Great job!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with NoJokeSmoke (Bruce) in SW Austin, Texas
    BGEs: XL, Medium and Mini
    ·
  • MrMistaMrMista Posts: 33
    Was anyone able to find a copy of the BBQ chicken recipe that Kent Rathbun demoed? He said he would put it on his website. The only one I could find that seemed like it could be similar is: http://kentrathbun.com/file/4181/KREGlazedWings.pdf
    ·
    MrMista said:
    Was anyone able to find a copy of the BBQ chicken recipe that Kent Rathbun demoed? He said he would put it on his website. The only one I could find that seemed like it could be similar is: http://kentrathbun.com/file/4181/KREGlazedWings.pdf

yeah, I went to look for that too. He forgot, I'm sure.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • MrMistaMrMista Posts: 33
    MrMista said:

yeah, I went to look for that too. He forgot, I'm sure.
    Bummer, I tweeted him but I doubt I get a response that way.
    ·