Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife just informed me that she found time in her busy schedule (she doesn't work on Fridays) to hit up the big municipal market downtown and is coming home with all kinds of goodies. For the same cost as dining out tonite and maybe having a couple of pops, I get to cook all weekend :-) life is good. One of the entrees will be some decent sized scallops. I've never done these on the Egg and seek the wisedom of those of you who have.
Anyone got a recipe (K'Bob or whatever) you'd want to share???[p]K~G
and all I need now is few cans of my favorite
pabst.gif

Comments

• Grillin' Bill
    Options
    KennyG,
    Great to talk to you again. Did scallops last night as a matter of fact. Need to use the big boys (sea scallops). Drop them in boiling water for 60 sec. no more no less (learned from Chris Schlesinger author of Thrill of the Grill and License to grill. Take out of boiling water and drain. Put in bowl with oil and favorite seasonings. I used Foxpoint Seasoning from the Spice house, salt & pepper, and lemon juice. Place on skewers. I put on skewers so that when I layed skewers on the grill the scallops woul lay flat and not on their side. Grilled over med high heat and seared the . They were fantastic. You might use a grilltopper if you have one. Any seasoning will work or just use salt & Pepper and lemon juice. Talk to you soon.
    Grillin Bill

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    KennyG,[p]Have fun but remember to grill safely.[p]Tim
    <FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="4">pabst.gif</FONT></FONT>

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I've done scallop kabobs. I marinated them in fresh lime juice, olive oil, fresh minced garlic and white pepper. I think I marinated them for a little under an hour. I put them on skewers with onion and pepper slices, and grilled them at around 300 for maybe 15-20 minutes. I don't remember if I used any wood, but they were great!
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I will give you this disclamer, I don't eat them but have blackened them several times. Dipped them in melted butter mixed with some liquid crab boil and rolled them in Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Seafood Seasoning. We have used the seasoning mix below as well for a homemade blackened seasoning.[p]1 TBS hungarian paprika
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp thyme
    1/2 tsp oregano
    3/4 tsp white pepper
    3/4 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp Old Bay[p]Cooked them over very high heat like searing a steak, cooked very quick.[p]Ashley [p]

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    KennyG,[p]I am occasionally able to get same day fresh sea scallops directly from the boat and recommend Grillin' Bills suggested method. The cook is quick (1.5 min/side @ 400F). A dipping butter we like is:[p]1/2lb - unsalted butter
    1/2 - roasted red pepper
    1/2 - green pepper
    1 - clove garlic (not elephant)
    fresh parsley[p]Puree all ingredients (except butter) in a food processor untill close to liquid. Stir into room temp butter until well mixed. Salt to taste.[p]Spin

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Tim M,[p]This borders on blasphemy. It's an honest beer at an honest price. Did you know that the good folks at Pabst have been brewing beer for 150 years? They must be doing something right. Besides, PBR is one of the few things I do well hehehe[p]K~G