Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Don't Really Need a 2nd Egg, but.....

Options
If a guy found a brand new medium, with nest, for $400, wouldn't that complement a large (in table) quite nicely? $400 is a pretty good deal isn't it??
West Fargo, ND

Comments

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Yes and Yes.  I have an XL and Medium.  XL is still my favorite but I use the Medium more than the XL.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    i think thats a pretty good deal. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That's not terrible if it's brand new.  No warranty though.
    Options
    I just paid $700 for the same.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's a fair price. But, +3 on no warranty. Any other accessories besides nest that would sweeten the deal?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Nathan_C
    Nathan_C Posts: 32
    Options
    No other accessories.
    West Fargo, ND
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Don't discount the lack of warranty. These things are ceramic and they definitely break. My large is 4 1/2 years old and has had a cracked base and firebox for over a year. The egg is under warranty and I need to get them replaced, but haven't yet. Would hate to have to pay for those parts!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can always buy replacement parts.
    Options
    My MIL recently asked me if I really needed a second large BGE (I  want one). I asked her if she really needed 2 kidneys.

No warranty if you are the 2nd (or more) owner, so consider that when deciding to pull the trigger or not. Maybe you can negotiate a better price when you tell the seller that? S/He can call the mothership to verify. 

If it does break,  plenty of folks repair cracked bases and such with JB Weld and it usually works well as long as you don't go nuclear with your patched egg. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Galbi
    Galbi Posts: 27
    Options
    Do it! You can always sell for more if you change your mind.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    That would last about an hour on Craigslist out here on the west coast.  I would jump on it.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser