Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Local Steak in Baltimore or online

Options
Ok so I've had my egg for about a week now and absolutely love it! I'm ready for some steak action but I can't seem to find and good butchers in the area ... I'm in Baltimore, MD. Any suggestions on where I can get good dry aged beef either locally or online at reasonable prices?

Comments

• Captpablo
    Captpablo Posts: 63
    Options

I'm in Baltimore City too.. I get most of my meat at Eddies on north Charles, Fresh Market or the butcher in Belvedere Square.  Whole foods and the butcher in belvedere square have dry aged cut to order....

• FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    If you're looking for dry aged beef from an online vendor, I cannot recommend speaking with Joey & the Baratta Family @ Fairway Packing in Detroit, MI, enough. 

Only the highest quality meats are sourced, and only the best loins are aged. 

Enjoy! 

Loin @ 5 days:

Loin @ 35 days:

And finally, at 50 days (I chose 50-day dry aged)

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Go to Oella(next to Catonsville) and hit up JW Trueths. They are awesome! I can't recommend them enough.