Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Tweak to Egret's Ham Recipe

Options
I'm cooking two hams this Easter and I always love Egret's Maple Bourbon Ham recipe. My mom likes a traditional ham so I thought I would do a 2nd ham with just the maple syrup injection. Anyone done a ham that way?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Guess not...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Never tried one that way, but, I'll bet it would be good........Mickey cooks his without any addition of any kind!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited April 2014
    Options
    IMO any minute amount of bourbon left in the paste of an Egret's ham after egging is tiny IF ANY ! I have a high respect for my s-i-l who has been sober for over 12 years now so there is no way I would serve her anything that would upset her apple cart! My advice is don't even bother telling your Mother or otherwise "she will taste it" - WHICH she won't!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    RRP said:
    IMO any minute amount of bourbon left in the paste of an Egret's ham after egging is tiny IF ANY ! I have a high respect for my s-i-l who has been sober for over 12 years now so there is no way I would serve her anything that would upset her apple cart! My advice is don't even bother telling your Mother or otherwise "she will taste it" - WHICH she won't!

Thanks. It's nothing about the bourbon. My mom likes a ham as just a ham. With the blessings of egret, I will inject the ham with maple syrup and see how it tastes.

Thanks all.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• bigguy136
    Options
    Hams are on. I will let yoy know what everyone thought of the injectwd only ham.image

Big Lake, Minnesota

• bigguy136
    Options
    Both hams were good but the original MB ham was everyone's favorite. Thanks egret for a great recipe.

Big Lake, Minnesota