Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Replacing cracked Egg

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Time to put the new Egg together.  Tie banded the hinge on both sides (didn't really work that well - it opened anyway).  Maybe the wrong spot?

Loosened the bolt and removed the dome.

Removed the bottom band

Took out the fire ring and fire box.  First time in over six months I've removed the guts, and this was all the ash left after using the ash tool through the bottom vent.  Won't worry about removing the firebox for a long time.  Not enough ash to worry about.

Put it all back together, and it passed the dollar bill test first time.  Added some new side tables to pretty it up.

Sure is clean.  Can't wait to blacken the inside.

Since there are so many pics' I'll be starting a new thread to show what I'm doing with the cracked Egg.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    You put the wire wrap in the wrong place - it should have been at the front. Be happy you still have your front teeth!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I figured I had them wrong when it opened.  Fortunately, I had my son holding onto the handle just in case