Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hump Day dinner.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
sandt3.jpg
<p />A nice little filet and scampi. Chubby, Max and Sandbagger have got my grocery budget out of control.[p]Have a nice rest of the week.[p]Mike

Comments

• Meinbmw
    Meinbmw Posts: 157
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, I HATE YOU .... now I have drooled all over my keyboard, my shirt, my pants, the carpet ....[p]Now tell us how you did those bad boys.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Meinbmw,
    This is from Sandbagger, They are kinda tasty.
    These were done in a Wok.[p]1 1/2 lbs peeled shrimp
    1/2 stick butter
    1/4 cup EVOO or less
    5 cloves of minced garlic
    1/4 cup sweet vermouth
    1/2 half large lemon squeezed
    parsley flakes
    salt and pepper to taste[p]Get the wok heated up and add EVOO, get the oil hot add butter.
    Add shrimp
    Add garlic
    Add lemon juice and sweet vermouth
    Add parsley/salt/pepper[p]Depending on the size of shrimp, add ingredients 45-60 seconds apart. Have everything ready to go. This is a 3-4 minute cook.[p]Good luck.[p]Mike

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    That looks great! You need to send those guys your latest dental bill...it's the least they could do :)[p]The "good" Uncle

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    LawnRanger,
    Thanks, It was bad, I mean real bad.[p]Thanks for everything Uncle Mike.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike,
    Hey man, that looks way tastey! What are they? Grubs?
    lol.... I'm drooling here to!
    Way to go man!

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    LawnRanger,[p]I had an Uncle Mike....[p]They said he was "off", and my Aunt never let him out of the basement... while kids were around![p]I recall...he liked to work with wood of some kind.[p]Just musing.....[p]Uncle Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • egghead2004
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Those look great![p]I like to add a block of hickory in there and serve them up over pasta. Adds a whole new dimension to scampi!