Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I've lost my best friend and grilling buddy...

Comments

• ZmokinZmokin Posts: 1,937
    Sorry for your loss, he looks happy in the picture.  I'm sure he had a great 17 years.
    You'll never forget the good times.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• New2QNew2Q Posts: 164
    You have my sympathy.  Sorry for your loss. :(
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,836
    Sorry for your loss:-(
    Run free with all our fur family and friends Elvis at the Rainbow Bridge. What a blessing to have him for 17 years.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 647
    So sorry, I do not know what I would do without my sidekick but I think he still has quite a few years left.  He truly is a great friend.
    Milton, GA.
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 721
    Our condolences, you will meet again across the rainbow bridge. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • r2davis65r2davis65 Posts: 148
    Good looking friend. We lost our lab three weeks ago. We had the old man for 13 1/2 years. Tough to lose one.
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 670
    Sorry for your loss Smitty. Great that he was your sidekick for 17 years but never easy.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,703
    Yeah, it sucks for sure. Lost mine about 2 years ago.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Sorry for your  loss. Dogs are people too and you can't ask for better friends. They give you so much and ask only for your love in return. Hang in there.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • fadaxfadax Posts: 32
    Sorry for your loss :-((( Fausto
    Milano-ITALY
  • North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Sorry for you loss, Smitty. Looks like he was a good smoking buddy.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I know the feeling too well. Sorry

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• calracefancalracefan Posts: 602
    Sorry for your loss ! Dogs unlike people give their love freely and unconditionally !

Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • BBQBiezyBBQBiezy Posts: 20
    Sorry for your loss Smitty. Wow 17 years. I'm sure he had a great life and loved being your friend.

Suntree, FL

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,182
    Always tough and always a hole in your life.  But 17 years is a great run!  And as said above, rainbow bridge awaits.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • TroglodyteTroglodyte Posts: 104
    edited March 2014
    I had a Blue Tick Heeler (mix, found him in the woods as a puppy) that looked a lot like your buddy, Elvis.  After 20 years, I still miss him a lot.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Albuquerque, NM
    Large BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Sorry for your loss. He was a handsome fella.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • reinhart36reinhart36 Posts: 178
    Truely, very sorry..  :(
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 647
    Something else to think about.. We all  have so much going on in out lives and our dogs are a part of it.  From our dog's (pets's) stand point, they give us 100% because we are their world so give your pet a hug tonight.
    Milton, GA.
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 516
    Losing a pet is losing a member of the family.  Very sorry for your loss.  
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
  • Sorry for your loss.
    Flint, Michigan
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 776
    So sorry.  That's our agreement when we bring home that little puppy.  Because our life spans, if we're lucky, and have decent genes are so much longer than any puppy, this moment is going to come.  Damn I wish it weren't so!!!  Wiley is laying here at my feet - he thinks he's a puppy, but at 12 he's starting to slow down.  Where does the time go?  I understand your pain.  All the best.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 157
    Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it would be on me and I don't wish that on anybody.
  • Very sorry for your loss, 17 years is a long time, I am sure you have many great memories
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,392
    Sorry Smitty, tough to lose a loyal friend.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • z520z520 Posts: 1
    Sorry for your loss. I fell your pain. Our 10 year old Jack Russel Is dying at this moment with kidney failure. We have her here at home trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. Trying to avoid a trip to vet to have her put to sleep. She associates the vet's office with pain from all the needles and IV's this past month. We pray that she can die peacefully here at home. She is not experiencing pain but getting very weak.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 10,713
    So sorry to hear this, Smitty. He looks like a loyal egghound.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    So sorry for your loss. There will be a hole for a long time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 719
    Sorry for your loss. Life is truly a blessing and each day a gift. My dogs show me that everyday. They love unconditionally and just want to see me happy and feed them of course. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 631
    Sorry for your loss, one of the tougher things in life in losing your best friend.
    Edina, MN