Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time brisket ideas

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would welcome suggestions and/or recipes for cooking a brisket for the first time ever, not to mention first time on my new medium BGE. Thank you.[p]Jerky Junkie

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Jerky Junkie, Best suggestion is to buy drbbq's book. I got mine from Amazon, I believe. Why his book, cause he is on this forum and readily available for questions. Can't get much better than that. [p]The book is filled with plenty of good recipes and techniques. If you order it now, good chance you'll have it for thanksgiving weekend. [p]Just an idea, Tom [p]

• Daddio
    Daddio Posts: 20
    Options
    Jerky Junkie, take a look at "Daddio's Easy Tender Brisket" recipe I posted just last night under the "New Recipes" section. I think it's easy (fewer ingredients, fewer cooking steps) and has produced dynamite results for me time and time again.

• Sandbagger,

Thank you. Also thanks to Daddio. I bought the book and printed out Daddio's recipe. You guys are great![p]Jerky Junkie

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Jerky Junkie,[p]Do you have a platesetter? You'll need one of those.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq,
    Yes, I bought one of those. is it best to invert the platesetter with a drip pan at the bottom or foil? I bought your book today on Amazon and a few people's suggestion. Cannot wait to get it and try some recipes. [p]Jerky Junkie

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Jerky Junkie,[p]Legs up and a drip pan directly on it. Grate on top.[p]Hope you like the book.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ