Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Turbo....... I'm hooked

Tried my first turbo today doing some pulled pork. 5hours at 350. Pulled at 210 and was awesome. I'm a believer.
"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"
·

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,561
    Same here. Did my first turbo a week or so ago. Doubt I'll ever do another lo n slo.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 3,777
    I did my first "nekked no foil" butt about 1yr ago. No mo sleepless nights at my house. Sammi looks awesome.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,216
    All I want tonight is those fries.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Same here. Did my first turbo a week or so ago. Doubt I'll ever do another lo n slo.

Told you so :-h
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    I did my first turbo ribs yesterday.  It was just little man and me, so I let him pick what we cooked.  Of course he wanted ribs, but we didn't have the time to cook them like I normally do.  I gave turbo baby backs a try.  It worked out very well except I didn't use a drip pan.  Something I don't normally use.  What I didn't bargain for was the added heat under the plate setter causing the drippings to burn and make a bad smell.  Luckily it didn't cause much of a bad taste because it was at the very end of the cook.

Definitely will do it again, but drip pan next time.
    Large BGE

Decatur, AL
    ·