Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Turbo....... I'm hooked

Options
Tried my first turbo today doing some pulled pork. 5hours at 350. Pulled at 210 and was awesome. I'm a believer.
"Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes............. Well, he eats you"

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Same here. Did my first turbo a week or so ago. Doubt I'll ever do another lo n slo.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I did my first "nekked no foil" butt about 1yr ago. No mo sleepless nights at my house. Sammi looks awesome.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    All I want tonight is those fries.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Same here. Did my first turbo a week or so ago. Doubt I'll ever do another lo n slo.

Told you so :-h
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    I did my first turbo ribs yesterday.  It was just little man and me, so I let him pick what we cooked.  Of course he wanted ribs, but we didn't have the time to cook them like I normally do.  I gave turbo baby backs a try.  It worked out very well except I didn't use a drip pan.  Something I don't normally use.  What I didn't bargain for was the added heat under the plate setter causing the drippings to burn and make a bad smell.  Luckily it didn't cause much of a bad taste because it was at the very end of the cook.

Definitely will do it again, but drip pan next time.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL