Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My puppy eats charcoal

NDGNDG Posts: 1,186
Not much to elaborate on here. I guess we all have our vices - is this terrible for him?
Columbus, Ohio
·

Comments

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,037
    Mine has been doing that too.
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
  • makismakis Posts: 80
    No. It is a natural antacid and neutralises many factors that could poison him.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,550
    Sometimes when I open a new bag it smells so good I could eat some myself...
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,186

Charcoal is fed to livestock as a carbon supplement.......he'll be fine.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • It is also used in some human anti gas meds. Beano??
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,186
    Ok good to know - they really give a good crunch - I might try a nibble with him next time . .
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • I'm going to give some to mine. Dude can clear a room when he's not right.

·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 899
    edited March 2014
    I had a Mini schnauzer that was odiferous also. He would pass gas in his sleep and then wake up and look at his rear-end, then look around the room like "Who did that?" A buddy of mine had an English Bulldog that I swear could clear an auditorium with one blast of gas. And he snored like thunder.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·