Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My puppy eats charcoal

NDGNDG Posts: 1,437
Not much to elaborate on here. I guess we all have our vices - is this terrible for him?
Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,962
    Mine has been doing that too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• makismakis Posts: 81
    No. It is a natural antacid and neutralises many factors that could poison him.
  • DMWDMW Posts: 9,246
    Sometimes when I open a new bag it smells so good I could eat some myself...
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 1,906

Charcoal is fed to livestock as a carbon supplement.......he'll be fine.

• bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 1,122
    It is also used in some human anti gas meds. Beano??
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,437
    Ok good to know - they really give a good crunch - I might try a nibble with him next time . .
    Columbus, Ohio
  • I'm going to give some to mine. Dude can clear a room when he's not right.

Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 1,122
    edited March 2014
    I had a Mini schnauzer that was odiferous also. He would pass gas in his sleep and then wake up and look at his rear-end, then look around the room like "Who did that?" A buddy of mine had an English Bulldog that I swear could clear an auditorium with one blast of gas. And he snored like thunder.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa