Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky Rack

Options
Ross
Ross Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are there any rack ideas to get more jerky out than just putting in two layers of jerky using the grid and an extension? It seems that somehow I ought to be able to get four or five layers only an inch or so apart. Anybody tried it?

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Ross,[p]I usually just make a big pile of it on the grill, then turn it every half hour or so. Eventually the whole pile gets done. I got the method I use from Gfw's web site, works great and no worry about multiple levels. Not sure about other multi-tier setups, others may chime in.[p]Troy
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Ross,[p]The racks that go in a "JetStream Oven" will work very well and can be found sometimes at Big Lots - Odd Lots and Tuesday Morning stores. They stack very nicely and are round.[p]Zip

• Unknown
    Options
    Ross,[p]I also use Gfw's method and with my triple rack contraption, have done as much as 12 pounds of raw meat on the large at one time. It's a little work but just comes out great every time. Reminds me, I'm out![p]Old Dave

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    BJ_05_28_0014_44_03_small.jpg
    <p />Old Dave, I was just eating the last of mine (the zip lock bag is now empty) and read your message - can you describe your "triple rack contraption"? More Jerky is Better Jerky! [p]BTW - I have also become 100% sold on NB's brisket as the basis for jerky!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]