Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Cooking this Weekend?

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

Haven't nailed anything down firm yet except that I am brewing an Irish Red Ale on Saturday. Was thinking some ABTs and either ribs or @NibbleMeThis Smokey Pork Tenderloin Sliders. Guess I'm really waiting to hear from SWMBOed before I decide.

So what you cookin?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Scallops tonight. Still thinking through rest of weekend.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Leaning towards ribs - might attempt a brisket for the first time though...we shall see!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    I got a herb brine from charcuterie cooling down on my porch right now for 2 turkey breasts tmrw. Thinking a roast turkey dip sammich will be dinner - I will post.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Boston butt. Maybe a prime rib for the first time...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I have got 2 mean looking strip steaks for tomorrow if I can find my egg in the snow and ice...I am thinking I want to give a leg of lamb a shot on sunday
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Mother's 67th Birthday Dinner. Surf and Turf with baked potatoes & maybe asparagus or corn on the cob.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Will be cooking a brisket either Saturday or Sunday.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Take out tonight, since it's Friday. Baking a cake and taking MIL out to dinner at a Cuban place for tomorrow. Sunday, I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is preparing my liver for Salado.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Time to fess up. I have only lit my eggs maybe three times since this polar vortex plague has descended upon us. I'm blaming devious Canadian Hosers. Since it has started, I have hurt myself shoveling snow, chopping ice, wrestling my heavy snowblower and falling on my a$$. I've been walking around looking like a question mark with a load in my pants. This weekend, I'm putting that behind me. Tonight I'm egging some chicken thighs. Simple and good! Saturday, I'm breaking out the small. Can three racks of ribs fit in it? I aim to find out! Have a great weekend!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    It's the Russkies Freddie, not us. Canadians don't lie. I'm doing prep all weekend for Salado, got a brisket starting to cure for Montreal Smoked Meat and a couple of ducks for smoked breast and confit legs. Probably need to cook something at some point too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

Going to be a BEAUTIFUL weekend, cant wait, weather turns tomorrow morning.

Tonight, - First Spatchcock Chicken

Saturday morning - 9 lbs of pork belly going on for a cold smoke

Saturday night - Wifes Soya chicken, and some sweet and spicy chicken, Legs and thighs (company)

Sunday - unsure, but I have a picnic shoulder I might start Sat night for an overnight, or try a turbo Sun morning for some pulled pork.

Hope every one has a great friday, and a great weekend.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

It's the Russkies Freddie, not us. Canadians don't lie. I'm doing prep all weekend for Salado, got a brisket starting to cure for Montreal Smoked Meat and a couple of ducks for smoked breast and confit legs. Probably need to cook something at some point too.

Damn! Montreal Smoked Meat? Can you shoot me the recipe?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options

It is a recipe that was on here. Guy claimed it was as good as Schwartz's.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1128140/ultimate-montreal-smoked-meat-recipe/p1  

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Rib eye steak on Saturday and a spatchcocked chicken and possibly a mixed berry cobbler on Sunday.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Post season tennis party......13 lbs. of butt and pig shots.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1128140/ultimate-montreal-smoked-meat-recipe/p1  

Thanks Steve. I'm confident you'll wow 'em in Tejas.
    Flint, Michigan
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    We are smoking two briskets tonight to make Smoked Brisket Chili for the Salado Meet and Greet.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    "Thanks Steve. I'm confident you'll wow 'em in Tejas."

+2 Have fun LS, 
    Large, small, and a mini
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Might also add a breakfast pizza to the menu tomorrow morning. Sausage, bacon, hash browns, eggs, peppers, cheese...the list goes on and on!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Little Steven
    Options

Thanks Steve. I'm confident you'll wow 'em in Tejas.
    The MSM is a two week cure. I wouldn't dare take brisket to Tejas.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Oh and I have to cut the legs off my moose to make sure he'll fit on the plane. Going to make a stock out of the off cuts.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    One last run at my salado cooks
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    Those sliders look good!

I've got brisket curing for pastrami, and am also planning to spatch my first chicken of the year.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    A friend dropped off some pheasant breasts (I think) this week.  I need to figure out what to do with those...
    NOLA
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Rib eyes tonight and paella tomorrow.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Finishing up a pot of gumbo from mardi gras, but I was thinking about throwing some spare ribs in the sous vide bath and cooking them at some point this weekend.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I just decided on ABTs and some bacon wrapped tater tots. Not sure what else yet, maybe just an app night. Prolly throw on some frozen wings too. I have these sweet mini peppers, anyone tried stuffing those before?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    jls9595 said:

I just decided on ABTs and some bacon wrapped tater tots. Not sure what else yet, maybe just an app night. Prolly throw on some frozen wings too. I have these sweet mini peppers, anyone tried stuffing those before?

Yup. They're great with any ABT type filler. I like doing mini stuffed peppers (instead of bell)
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Nothing probably as usual. Tomorrow we are bottling this years homemade wine and will be out of commission by 5:).

But if I get a window on Sunday I would like to do a stuffed/rolled flank steak stuffed with peppers, zucchini, onions, prosciutto, garlic and glazed with some sort of herbed oil.

Garnerville, NY
  • SpartanPride
    Options
    First spatchcock on as we speak!  20 minutes in!  Still debating tomorrow...have 6-7 coming over.  Thinking maybe pizza and wings to keep it light.  Always tempting to throw a big piece of meat on there though!  I feel bad for all you cold weather folks...about 58 degrees right now in Florida.  Perfect grilling weather!