Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Internal temperature of shrimp

Options
Charlie
Charlie Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know what internal temperature to cook shrimp? I've read 2 to 3 minutes per side at 350, 400, or 500 degrees. I just wanted to be a little more scientific.[p]Thanks,
Charlie

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Charlie, I just cook them until they are pink and curled. JCA

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    All I have read says just a fe wminutes on a medim hot (350-35) grill. One article said "unless the shrimp was large" so I guess there is some confusion factor here. Like Mrs Dog, I just do them until they are pink and have never taken an internal temp. However, now that you have me curious, I'll take it next time and see what I get.
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Charlie,
    Like Julie said below, the look of the shrimp is the best thermometer. They have only two states: not cooked and done. If you go past done, they get rubbery and tough.[p]I like to do shrimp in the 400 to 450 degree range. Look at them, prepared to turn them, after 90 seconds.[p]Ken

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    Options
    Charlie,[p]I know you're looking for a definitive temp, here. When I cook shrimp, though, there's no time for that. It's just a few seconds between "getting close" and "get 'em off NOW" so I've never taken the time to use a thermometer.[p]