Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When to pull brisket off?

Options
Im never good at this.  A wooden scewer slides in and out really well in several places but there are also some tougher spots on the flat.  Internal temp is now at 189 but it was as high as 193 so it seems to be dropping.  its about 10 pounds, been on for 16 hours.  should I wait for the spots on the flat to be tender or did I likely over shoot it?  Again, some spots on the flat are super tender but the edges are not.  The point is really tender too.

Comments

• shadowcaster
    Options
    I am probably to late for this but I'm assuming the edges might me a bit dry, but if it is tender everywhere else pull it. Le us know how it turns out
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    I just checked again.  the edges are now nice and tender too!  Only one more part of the point is not tender but I am going to pull it in 20 minutes. 
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    well there ya go....sounds like it will be yummy
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options

Next question.  Dinner is 3 hours away.  can I FTC a brisket for 3 hours?  Ive FTC'ed a butt for that long but never a brisket.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    busmania said:

Next question.  Dinner is 3 hours away.  can I FTC a brisket for 3 hours?  Ive FTC'ed a butt for that long but never a brisket.

Yessir...3 hours should be no problem. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.