Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Melbourne Eggfest - what else to do in the area?

Options
2»

Comments

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Sea2Ski, Usually about 15 or 20 of us will get together and go out Thursday night. Drop me a line when you get into town and I'll let you know if there are any plans. Just use my handle @ Gmail.com
    @FlaPoolman -- Are girls allowed?  :D
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    ... I hope so, I am planning on bringing my wife!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Sea2Ski, Usually about 15 or 20 of us will get together and go out Thursday night. Drop me a line when you get into town and I'll let you know if there are any plans. Just use my handle @ Gmail.com
    Poolgirl s in Minnesota. I think he fell into a two foot snowdrift and is lost.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• legomyeggo
    Options
    I am from eastern PA and got here earlier this week for a few weeks at our place in Sebastian. Hellacious winter up there!! 

Sebastian - The inlet and pier are great for fishing. Wabasso beach very nice. I will second Squid Lips. We have one here in Sebastian and i am sure the Melbourne one is good as well.

Will be attending with the wife and looking forwatd to it. Our first one.

@Necessaryindulg - some great ideas I want to try in your notes. Thanks,
  • lantzwr
    lantzwr Posts: 229
    Options
    Very cool, @Sea2Ski! Great surprise!  I agree with @JerkChicken on 4 Rivers... great food!  You'll want to eat in Orlando Wednesday night...  there won't be much open by the time you get to your hotel.  We are a small beach town. ;)

Here are a couple of ideas of things to do: 

-- Hire a guide and kayak Thousand Islands in Cocoa Beach.  It's about a 20 minute drive north of the hotel... I love it and take a lot of visitors there.
    -- Rent a couple of jet skis and play in the intracoastal waterway for an hour, or so. 
    -- Walk around Downtown Melbourne: shops, restaurants, bars.
    -- Airboat ride at Lone Cabbage.  Be sure to order the Gator Tail, Frog Legs, Turtle, & Catfish Basket while you're there.
    -- Veg on the beach:  it's our best attraction. :)

Food in the area:

-- Indialantic Seafood Company  -- located close to the hotel on A1A.  This is where I shop for local seafood.  They will make an amazing lunch for you using local fish and seafood:  steamers, sandwiches, etc.  Pick something up and then go veg on the beach (or eat there). 
    -- Da Kine Diego's:  located on A1A.  Nothing fancy but a local favorite. 
    -- Fat Snook:  I think this is one of the best restaurants in the area.
    -- Matt's Casbah: this is where I go for sushi. 
    -- El Ambia Cubano: this is where I go for Cuban.
    -- Beach Side Grill:  this is my favorite local breakfast place. be sure to order a homemade muffin, grilled. 
    -- Coaster's:  lots of beer on tap and good burgers (Elk, Kangaroo, Venison, Bison). 

Just a few ideas... I could go on and on so just let me know what kind of food you are looking for and what you guys like to do. :)

See you soon! 
    ~k. 

I second the Fat Snook, plus a sister restaurant in Cocoa Beach called the Fat Kahuna.  Great food.  I would highly recommend the Space Center tour.  Seeing the Space Shuttle Atlantis up close and personal is quite the treat.
    RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Also, March 14 - 16 Tico Warbird Air Show in Titusville, about 50 mi. north of Melbourne.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I am from eastern PA and got here earlier this week for a few weeks....

Where in Eastern PA?
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite.