Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any advice for selecting a Sur La Table cooking class?

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
I have been sitting on my gift certificate for some time.  I would like to schedule a class soon and curious if anyone has attended a cooking class here before?  Not much online as for reviews, and many different options.  As of now, I am between the Knife Skills or Asian Cooking class.
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• stantrb
    stantrb Posts: 156
    Options
    If your knife skills are novice, you'll ultimately get more out of that class. Using a knife really well transforms almost every aspect of your cooking.
    Minimax and a wood-fired oven.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Knife Skills is good to know and I recommend it. But after taking several of their classes, I have to tell you it's more like a Chinese fire drill. EVERYONE has to do the food prep and although you get to eat everything prepared, you're stuck with what was made by some very inexperienced cooks. The chef is often at his wit's end trying to monitor a group with such a wide gap of experience and ability.

My choice is a class where everything is demonstrated by a professional chef, and the food is already prepared and everyone gets served. That's how I learn best, by watching and listening. But not Sur La Table's way.
    Judy in San Diego
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback - I kinda got the feeling it was going to be a madhouse.  I am now leaning towards doing a knife class with my Wife rather than the Asian Flavors class.  It will kill my gift card in one swipe, but atleast we both do it together.  Thanks again.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”