Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Cedar Table Build

Craig3488Craig3488 Posts: 4
edited February 2014 in EGG Table Forum
I am new to the forum and the green egg club. Here are some photos of my recent build. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
·

Comments

• GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Arffy seems to like it to. Nice job.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Beautiful build.  Even the frame work is pretty.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • Here are a few more. The Behr weatherproofing is a great product. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,237
    Looks awesome!#
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Looks nice!! I wish I would have spent the extra time to build a cabinet into mine. Enjoy!
    West Fargo, ND
    ·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking table
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Great looking table. Nice job!
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,437
    Very talented!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,490
    Very nice!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,344
    wow, that is beautiful!
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • Very nice
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • Welcome...nice table...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·
  • Beautiful!

·
  • Are those 1 x 6 planks making up the inside walls of the cabinet?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·
  • Craig3488Craig3488 Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Are those 1 x 6 planks making up the inside walls of the cabinet?
    They are 1x4's. Rough on the inside, semi smooth on the outside.
    ·
  • KingtUTKingtUT Posts: 133
    edited February 2014
    Someone please tell me where I can get some of those 2x4 and 4x4 cedar post.
    ·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 157
    Beautiful table!  Bo you have any plans for the void under the BGE?
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • Nice layout. MLB?

LBGE

BTFU!

·
  • Mighty brave for you to stand up on your table with casters under the legs.  Unlocked or locked, I'll never get on it. 

Looks good.  I need to build mine soon when the weather start to warm up.
    Large BGE
    Frederick County, MD
    ·
  • Awesome! I've been waiting more than a year for the right combo of "clean design with a cabinet" to appear, and this is it! This is next on the project list. Thanks for the many pictures. Can I ask a few quick questions:

a) What's supporting the floor in the cabinet?
    b) What's the top - ripped 5/4 deck boards?
    c) That looks like a trim strip that wraps the stone top. How is it attached?

Thanks!
    ·
  • A) cedar 2x4's in similar fashion to the egg support. Cedar fence panels make the floor. B) extra cedar 4x4's ripped to the granite depth C) this piece is the "least clean" area of the table. It is a little ripped piece that is liquid nailed to the granite and sub top. If I could do it over again, I would pay to have this polished by a granite shop and have the same overhang as the front. My granite came from Craigslist and this was the longest piece I could get. Not a bad outcome for $50 though. Let me know if you want any more pics during your build and good luck.
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 14,434
    Brother that looks awesome!! Its way nicer than the one I bought.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • Nice Job looks fantastic !!!!Welcome to the asylum enjoy the ride and post photos of you cooks !!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,965
    beautiful looking table. Digging the cabinet.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Thanks, Craig!
    ·
  • Nice table!  I did one very similar.
    ·